Thursday, March 7, 2013

Glass vs. iWatch (Comic)

Glass vs. iWatch (Comic)

You don’t *”read”* the watch. The watch tells you if there is something to read. You read it on something else.

*buzz* *buzz* “Oh, I have an email from one of my VIPs.”

*buzz* *buzz* “Yeah, OK, I have an email from my boss.”

*buzz* *buzz* “Yeah, OK, I have an IMPORTANT email from my boss.”

*buzz* *buzz* “Oh, I’m in a meeting, but I have an important phone call. Please let be exit quietly without disturbing my colleagues (or my *boss*).”

Those buzzes are silent, but they are on your wrist. You feel them. In and of itself, I want that, but I haven’t bought a Pebble, because of the rumor of an iWatch.

I think the idea of Google Glass is interesting, but I already see enough bad habits developing from smartphones and cellphones in day-to-day life. If that thing is going in a car, put it up on a heads-up display, not on a pair of glasses. Human brains are not built to receive different stimuli on different eyeballs. That would be a train wreck (perhaps literally) waiting to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//PART 2